About Dr Khoza
Specialist Dermatologist - Durban Skin Doctor
Dr Nokubonga Khoza is specialist dermatologist in Durban. She graduated from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine in 2003. She obtained her Fellowship from the College of Dermatologists of South Africa in 2011. She has worked extensively in the field of dermatology at all major Durban hospitals.
She is currently an honorary Consultant and Lecturer at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine.
In 2014, Dr Khoza established South Africa's first Immunobullous Disease clinic at Inkosi Albert Luthuli Hospital and currently runs this on a weekly basis. She has published articles in peer-review journals as well as contributed chapters in dermatology textbooks on permanent hairloss, melasma, pigmentation, skin lighteners, skin infections and autoimmune bullous disease.
She is an active member of the Dermatology Society of South Africa and Health Professionals Council of South Africa, and has presented at local and international congresses.
She is currently:
- Secretary and founder member of the Women's Dermatologic Association of South Africa (WDSSA)
- Executive Committee Member of the South African Society of Dermatologic Surgery (SASDS)
- Founder member of the South African Epidermolysis Bullosa Interest Group (SAEBIG)
Amongst her many achievements, Dr Khoza has received a number of prestigious awards and accolades:
- Janssen - Foundation Research Award Medal from the College of Medicine of South Africa ( Part 1,Examination)
- She was the first recipient of "L'oreal African Hair and Skin Research Grant' in the African continent, 2014
- UKZN CHS Masters and Doctoral Scholarship ,
- The International Society of Dermatology Global Scholarship Award
Her special research interests are:
Pigmentation & Hair Disorders
Acne & Scar Management
Skin Cancer Management
HIV and The Skin
In the community
Dr Khoza strongly believes in giving back to the community and has dedicated a good portion of her time in doing so. She has worked with numerous organization (Project Enza, Inyusa Project) to achieve this.
She has her own project SkinLabb that aims to:
- Promote health education and increase awareness in skin diseases in less fortunate communities
- Empower individuals especially women to make wise, healthy and well informed skin, hair and nail care choices.